Trammell Crow Co. is apparently modifying its hiring policy for University employees in order to comply with Philadelphia law prohibiting employers from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation, according to documents distributed at yesterday's University Council meeting. A document given Tuesday to University employees affected by the outsourcing deal states that Dallas-based Trammell Crow "does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status." But in a memo faxed Monday to a reporter for the weekly Philadelphia Gay News, a Trammell Crow official says the company's policy only covers "race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, military status or disability." Penn's own policy specifically prohibits the University from discriminating on the basis of sexual preference in personnel matters. Executive Vice President John Fry told Council that officials intend to "clarify" the policy as it relates to the employees who plan to apply for jobs with Trammell Crow. "[Trammell Crow's] policy, in fact, is to comply with all federal state and local laws where they operate," Fry said. The documents were distributed by Paul Lukasiak, a campus activist who currently works part time as an administrative assistant for the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly.