Keith Vivett, who carjacked, robbed, raped and shot a College of General Studies student in the face in October 1993, was convicted by a jury last week. Vivett was convicted of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of robbery, kidnapping and a weapons offense. The 26-year-old student was walking to her car in the public parking lot at 34th and Chestnut streets October 20 at 9:30 p.m. when Vivett kidnapped her, according to Assistant District Attorney Curtis Douglas. Vivett forced the student into the backseat of her car at gunpoint and robbed her of $7. He then drove her to North Philadelphia, and forced her to remove her clothing in the car. He then sexually molested her. After driving around for 20 minutes, Vivett stopped the car and molested the student again. He then gagged her with her bra and forced the nude student into a house, where he shot her in the face. "I felt the hot metal on my face," the student told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I thought I was going to bleed to death." Still conscious, the student played dead, waiting for the man to leave. After Vivett fled in the victim's car, she went out into the street asked someone to contact police. The student was taken to Jefferson Hospital and was released later that week after being treated. Common Pleas Judge Arnold New sent Vivett to prison to await sentencing in September. The student's lawyer was unavailable for comment.