Nearly 24 percent cast ballots Wharton junior Lenny Chang was re-elected president of the Class of 1996 in this week's Senior Class Board elections. Chang, who has served as class president since his freshman year, defeated College juniors Eden Jacobowitz and Adam Miller. College junior Justin Feil was re-elected vice president, defeating College junior Melissa de Leon and Wharton junior Dan Debicella, the outgoing Undergraduate Assembly chairperson. Debicella said he plans to serve as an at-large member on the Senior Class Board. Unlike last week's Undergraduate Assembly elections, in which only 13.6 percent of students participated, approximately 24 percent of the junior class turned out to vote. Class of 1995 President Loren Mendell and Class Boards chairperson Jason Diaz, who served as co-chairs of the 1996 Class Board Elections, said they were very pleased with the results and the turnout. Diaz, a Wharton senior, said the turnout was especially good considering that students could only vote at one polling place -- located in front of Steinberg-Dietrich Hall. In the UA elections last week, at least two polling places were open each day. Unlike the past four years, no candidates contested this year's results, Diaz added, citing the Class Boards' elimination of its gag rule as a contributing factor. The gag rule had prohibited candidates from speaking to the press. Chang said he wants the class to continue on the same course he has set for it during his previous terms as president. "I just want to keep going with the flow," he said. Chang said Hey Day, which is scheduled for April 28, is his first priority for the immediate future. He added that he wants the Board to look for Ivy Day and Commencement speakers early in the year in order to get the best possible speakers. Diaz said Chang has done a great job in his previous terms as class president, and his re-election "shows that people have been happy" with Chang's performance. Mendell, a College senior, said Chang's experience will be an asset. "He knows the structure of government and knows the people in the administration who can help him get things done," he said. Other election winners include College junior Eliot Hyun, who defeated College junior Rahima Mamdani in the race for treasurer and College junior Rebecca Hornstein, who was elected secretary. College junior Caroline Berry was re-elected class historian. In unopposed races, Gene Yoon won as Wharton representative, and Engineering Representative Denis Chagnon and Nursing Representative Deborah Cooper were re-elected. Jana Fox and Stephanie Perron topped Michael Katz and Dena Rabinowitz to become the new College representatives.