Three males were arrested early yesterday morning for allegedly committing one robbery and attempting another within a five minute period, University Police said yesterday afternoon. University Police Sergeant Larry Salotti said the males reportedly began their robbery spree in the lobby of Chestnut Hall -- located at 39th and Chestnut streets -- where they robbed a male student at gunpoint at around 1:43 a.m. yesterday. The men demanded the student's money and after stealing it, fled the scene, Salotti said. The student was not injured, he said. Two minutes later, Salotti said, the same three males tried to rob a taxi driver at 34th and Chestnut streets, but began fleeing after one of them dropped a gun in the front seat of the cab. The driver, whose car crashed into a tree during the robbery, retrieved the gun from his front seat and fired two shots at the males as they attempted to leave the scene, missing both times. The males were all arrested by University Police officers moments later, and were positively identified by both the cab driver and the student who lives in Chestnut Hall. The suspects were taken to the West Detective division of the Philadelphia Police Department by University Police, following their arrests. The cab driver was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he received treatment for injuries sustained in the crash, Salotti said. Salotti added that he does not know whether the driver has been released. This attempted robbery marks the third of its kind at 34th and Chestnut streets in the past three weeks.