A University student was stabbed several times and robbed early yesterday morning in the 3200 block of Walnut Street, University Police said last night. The student, Engineering sophomore David Martinko, was listed in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania last night and was being treated for four stab wounds -- one in the abdomen, one in the right thigh and two in the left shoulder -- HUP Evening Administrator Nancy Williams said last night. Martinko, a 19-year-old former Theta Xi fraternity brother, was walking with a friend on the north side of the 3200 block of Walnut Street yesterday morning at around 3:30 a.m. when a man approached him from behind and began stabbing him, University Police Sergeant Ivan Kimble said. According to Kimble, the robber, after stabbing Martinko, said, "All I want is your money." After grabbing Martinko's wallet, the robber fled on Walnut Street over the bridge toward Center City. Kimble said University Police officers noticed that Martinko was being helped by his friend at the corner of 33rd and Spruce streets and inquired if everything was all right. After Martinko's friend told the officer what had happened, officers transported him to the HUP emergency room. Martinko could not be reached for comment last night. University Police described the robber as a male, about 30 years old and between 5 feet, 6 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall. The robber has a thin build, dark complexion and was wearing a three-quarter length dark khaki jacket with dark pants. A flier from University Police describes the suspect as "armed and considered dangerous" and advises anyone with information to contact Unversity Police detectives. Kimble said that police will increase patrols of the area around where the incident occurred. "Anytime something happens, we always pay greater attention to the area," he said last night. "We definitely wouldn't want the same incident to occur again in the same place." University Police have no suspects in the stabbing. In an unrelated incident, a man was robbed at gunpoint Monday evening on the 300 block of South 38th Street, Kimble said. The man, who is not affiliated with the University, was walking near University Avenue at 6:20 p.m. when two men approached him and one of the men asked him for money, Kimble said. The man asked, "What do you mean?" and then noticed that one of the two had a silver handgun in his waistband, Kimble said. The robber told the man that he did not want to have to use his gun, Kimble said. The complainant gave the robber $152 in cash and the robbers left the scene. Kimble said the man did not notice in which direction they fled. No arrests have been made in this incident and University Police have no suspects in custody.