University Council members will discuss the issues of pluralism, academic integrity and honesty in the usage of the University's electronic network at today's Council meeting. Most of the meeting will be spent discussing the electronic network and matters "of honor and decency" in the computer environment, Faculty Senate Chairperson David Hildebrand said. "The basic thing that we're concerned about is making sure everybody knows what's going on with the whole computing environment," Hildebrand said. "The devil of it is that we have just got to ask people to behave honorably." Among computer infractions mentioned in a supplement to today's agenda were the intentional disruption of the use of electronic networks and information systems, intentionally damaging or destroying the integrity of electronic information, and "intentional infringing upon the intellectual property rights of others." Undergraduate Assembly member Ethan Youderian said he wonders about the necessity of the discussion. "We have 50 minutes to talk about this," Youderian said. "And I am unaware of any direction this discussion is going to take." The discussion on academic integrity has only been slated for 10 minutes in contrast to the 50 allotted to discussion of the electronic network. Hildebrand said that the importance of academic integrity should not be minimized. "We really need to figure out a way to keep Council focused in on what I thought was Council at its best -- people seriously wrestling with a serious problem," Hildebrand said, adding that he does not think Council will resolve the issue today. "I don't think it will get to any conclusion," he added. "I just want to ask people what we can do to keep this preventive." Today's meeting will be held in the Hoover Lounge of Vance Hall at 4 p.m. All members of the University community are invited to attend.