President Amy Gutmann and Provost Vincent Price announced on Monday the appointment of Aviv Nevo as the University’s 17th Penn Integrates Knowledge Professor.

PIK is a faculty recruitment program initiated by Gutmann in 2005. The program aims to hire individuals who work in the intersection of multiple fields, then appoints them to positions in multiple schools at Penn.

Nevo will work in the Economics Department in the College of Arts and Sciences as well as the Marketing Department in the Wharton School when his appointment becomes effective in July. He specializes in using empirical data to analyze consumer behavior and currently teaches at the Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University. He worked for the government in 2013 and 2014, serving as the Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice. Nevo's previous teaching appointments have included MIT and University of California-Berkeley.

“Aviv Nevo’s pioneering work embodies the ideals of the Penn Integrates Knowledge Professorship: bringing together the methodologies of multiple disciplines to create essential new knowledge at the frontiers of academic research,” Price said in a statement.

Michael Platt, the 16th PIK professor, was announced in June. Platt has appointments in the Department of Neuroscience in the Perelman School of Medicine, the Department of Psychology in the School of Arts and Sciences, and the Marketing Department in Wharton.