Red and Blue Crew talk about the Line

Due to midterms, traveling, and a classic evening of telephone tag, I couldn't get these interviews in time for today's story about the Line.

Last night, I spoke to two higher-ups in the Red and Blue Crew, Penn basketball's student fan club. Engineering junior Jason Ginsberg, who runs the R&BC this year, was excited to hear about the decision to go to the Penn-Princeton football game.

"It's fantastic," he said, citing the Penn-Princeton rivalry that exists in all sports and the opportunity for Penn fans in different school years to all be able to experience this football game.

Ginsberg also said that in his first two years, the Line has grown more organized, and he thinks more fun (although they were always enjoyable). He added that this year's line promises to be a "step even further in that direction."

On the other hand, College junior Charlie Weinberg, who is on the executive board of the R&BC, was not thrilled with the decision, for two main reasons. First, while he likes the idea of going to Princeton, he's not entirely convinced that the passionate basketball fans of the Line are going to transfer that to football.

But possibly more important, Weinberg was on the winning team of last year's dodgeball tournament during the Line, and so is disappointed that he can't defend his title.

I think that Weinberg's more serious claim is somewhat logical, although having gone to a bunch of Penn basketball games in my years here, I'm pretty sure that the fans will get into the football game. I have to give big props to the athletic department for making these arrangements, and I give them a lot of credit for taking the iniative to make this plan.

It should be a lot of fun.