Penn @ UCF Live Updates

This is Krista Hutz live from the brand new UCF Arena in Orlando with updates from tonight's game.

Zach Klitzman said I'd be using the new Cover It Live format, but unfortunately it is not working on my computer right now, so I'll be going back to the regular Buzz format tonight.

Final: UCF 81 Penn 64

Egee hits for two and then Sosa dribbles the ball until time runs out. Check the DP later for a full recap.

UCF 81, Penn 59 1:55 second half

Eggleston fouls out on a hard foul on Sosa. He sits down before Garvin Hunt subs in for him and then has to come stand back on the court for the shots.

UCF 77, Penn 59 2:37 second half

UCF is deep into its bench now and the clock winds down. Egee sinks two free throws and Penn tries a little press as UCF brings the ball down.

UCF 69 Penn 55 5:17 second half Another Taylor three. After a Zondervan foul on Bernardini, Votel makes a quick basket off the in bounds pass. Down the court, Taylor is fouled and makes just one of his shots. Gaines' shot in transition won't fall and Votel gets fouled putting the rebound up. He hits both shots as the UCF fans taunt him with calls of "ginger."

UCF 63, Penn 51, 7:09 second half

UCF has executed its game plan perfectly: feed the ball to Taylor. He now has 30 points and Penn can't stop him.

UCF 61, Penn 51 8:28 second half

Eggleston hits a wide open three and then Taylor responds with one of his own. The game seems to be slipping away for the Quakers. UCF calls timeout.

UCF 58, Penn 46 9:45 second half

Lewis takes a charge from Davis and the Quakers have the ball coming out of the media timeout. Eggleston hits a three and now has 12 points on the night. Under the basket, Lewis spins around UCF's Yotio, who just checked in, and gets the foul call. The UCF fans really have it in for Lewis. After a ref told him to “calm down” and his shirt became dishelved, the fans have been pestering Lewis to “tuck in his shirt”. After a monster UCF three, Penn calls timeout.

UCF 52, Penn 42 12:43 second half

Taylor is on fire, as he hits three baskets in a row for UCF.

UCF 45, Penn 36 16:01 second half

A Rosen three clanks off the rim and Zondervan makes a quick basket in transition. Penn tries to force the ball inside, but it's not working as Votel losses a Rosen pass. UCF's Davis waits for his defender to jump then pounds in a dunk. Eggleston pulls up for a jumper and Davis answers with another basket on UCF's next possession.

Halftime: Penn: Bernardini: 12 pts on 3-for-8 shooting Gaines: 5 pts. Eggleston: 3 steals Gaines, Belcore and Votel each have three rebounds

UCF: Taylor: 16 pts. Tyler: 8 pts. Baez: 5 pts., 3 rebounds Rompza: 3 assists

Belcore and Egee have been mainly covering UCF's big threat Taylor, with neither of them looking too effective. UCF shot a nice 46.4% from the floor, compared to Penn's 34.8%.

Halftime: UCF 35, Penn 32

Egee throws one up from half court at the buzzer and it falls a few feet short. Halftime stats to follow soon.

1:44 UCF 33, Penn 32 UCF tries to go inside on two straight possessions, but is denied both times. Belcore tries another three but misses and Taylor then hits one from just inside the arc. Gaines has a chance to tie by hitting two free throws, but misses one.

5:08 UCF 27, Penn 26

The momentum is swinging a little bit. Belcore sinks a three and half the Penn bench stands up to cheer. Gaines gets nice penetration, drives in for a basket and UCF calls timeout.

8:09 UCF 26, Penn 19

It looks like it will be a battle between Taylor and Bernardini tonight as each is carrying his team. Bernardini hits a pair of free throws after he tries to force up a shot underthe basket, then Taylor responds with two of his own from the charity stripe as Belcore tries to cover him. Baez hits a three pointer from the top of the arc and Miller calls time out.

11:14, UCF 15, Penn 13 Egee is fouled going inside and makes both free throws then sinks a three on Penn's next possession. Jermaine Taylor is really hurting the Quakers, he adds a layup to make it six points for him so far.

13:49, Penn 8, UCF 11 Quakers are being aggressive on defense. But maybe too aggessive as Eggleston fouls A.J. Tlyer from beyond the arc and he sinks all three. Bernardini back in-- he has all but one of the Quakers' points on the night.

14:35 Penn 8, UCF 8 Lewis is fouled on a lay up. He hits the first but misses the second of his free throws. Turley is fouled while rebounding the miss and UCF brings it up the court. Keving Egee and Harrison Gaines are in for Rosen and Bernardini. Chris Baez ties it for UCF.

17:20 Penn 7, UCF 4

Bernardini hits a three. Belcore tips a loose ball to Rosen, but he misses an open shot. Connor Turley and Cameron Lewis check in for Eggleston and Votel.

18:23, Penn 4, UCF 2

Eggleston airballs Penn's first shot of the night, but Bernardini hits one in transition on the Quakers' next possession. Bernardini sinks two FT's

Starters for Penn: Zack Rosen Tyler Bernardini Jack Eggleston Rob Belcore Brennan Votel

Starters for UCF: Jermaine Taylor Taylor Young Kenrick Zondervan Tony Davis A.J. Rompza

What's this, an NBA game? The lights go out in the arena to introduce the UCF squad and tip off is moments away