Will depth ever be a problem?

It was obvious that something was wrong with the Quakers coming out of the gate against Yale last night.

I wonder if this will be a problem in the future.

Obviously, Ivy League players -- and Penn is full of veterans -- are used to the back-to-back games. But playing a seven-man rotation will eventually take its toll.

Penn also has three road weekends left and only one at home.

I asked coach Fran Dunphy about this on Thursday, and he said that he has to play the players who he feels give him the best chance to win. Ideally, he said, he would play 10 players for 20 minutes each.

He also said he hoped that in this past weekend everyone would get a chance to play. The twin blowouts allowed that to happen, as the players outside the usual seven-man rotation got 28 minutes against Brown and nine against Yale, for a total of nine and a quarter percent of the total minutes. Not great, but better than 0 percent like the close games against La Salle and Saint Joseph's.

Blowouts help, but if there is a close Friday game Penn may be in trouble on Saturday.

Also, I need to offer an apology for saying that Brown's uniforms were made by Nike in my post on Friday. They are made by Adidas. The difference is that Brown has piping around the openings at the bottom of the shorts as well as down the side. Sorry for the error.