Random Brown/Yale trivia

Quakers fans would probably like to forget the Yale/Brown road trip to open the Ivy League season two years ago. Penn was swept in New England and never really got back in the Ivy race.

Don't expect a similar result this weekend -- it's never happened.

Here are a few tidbits starting with 1957, when the Ivy League adopted the current traveling partner system.

Penn has swept the Brown/Yale homestand 36 times, split 12 and has never been swept at the Palestra. The Quakers have swept the homestand in 12 of the last 14 seasons.

Penn is 41-7 against Yale at home (4 losses on Fridays, 3 Saturdays) and 44-4 against Brown (3 Friday, 1 Saturday).

When the Bears won in Philadelphia two years ago, it snapped a streak of 12 straight losses. That's nothing compared to Brown's winless streak from 1959 to 1985. The last three losses have come by a combined 11 points. At their current pace, Glenn Miller's team should win at the Palestra somewhere around 2016.

Yale's last win over Penn at the Palestra was Feb. 15, 1997 by two, 60-58. James Jones' team has historically averaged a win about every eight seasons. All things being equal, the Elis are on pace to win in Philly this season. Yale's last outright Ivy League title came in 1962. Penn has won all 23 of its titles since then. The Elis actually won a game at the Palestra in 2002 -- the Ivy League playoff against Princeton -- and then lost to Penn, sending the Quakers to the NCAA Tournament.