Hoops recruits in the postseason

High School basketball leagues around the country are knee-deep in the postseason, and Penn's recruits are reportedly having a big impact on their teams' progress.

Jeff Janiczek of the Daily News reports that Xavier Harris and Constitution High are headed to the Public League semifinals after taking down Frankford High — which beat the generals earlier this year. As Janiczek writes:

Led by senior forward Xavier Harris, the Generals maintained an early lead to rout Frankford, 76-57, in the quarterfinals of Public League playoffs. Harris, who will play at Penn next season, scored a game-high 16 points and pulled down six rebounds for Constitution.
Greg Louis "Greg Louis isn't flashy, but he's the most important piece of Dwyer's playoff run."

Louis has averaged 13.2 points and 6.1 rebounds per game and Greer called him the "Glue that holds Dwyer together."

Last but not least, Camryn Crocker took Los Alamitos to the second round of the southern section 1AA tournament last Wednesday.

Andrew Turner of the Los Alamitos-Seal Beach Patch writes:

Senior guard Camryn Crocker had a game to remember, leading the Griffins with 27 points.

“We need our big guns to show up in the playoffs,” said Griffins coach Eddie Courtemarche of his captain. “Camryn took over.”