Another volleyball record

The volleyball team's dominance has been well-documented here on The Buzz, but here's one more interesting tidbit on just how historic this season was.

The All-Ivy awards were announced this week, and Penn set yet another record with FOUR first team selections, becoming the first team ever to accomplish that feat. Ivy League Player of the Year Elizabeth Semmens was a unanimous selection, as was setter and Ivy assists leader Megan Tryon. Penn's all-time single season and career digs leader, Madison Wojciechowski also got the nod for first team, and Rookie of the Year Lauren Martin became the first freshman in four years to earn the honor. Current Yale senior Alexis Crusey did so, and this year she became just the fifth player to earn a first team selection for all four seasons. Martin could very well be on her way to becoming the sixth.

The Quakers are waiting anxiously for this Sunday's NCAA tournament selection show, when they'll find out their first-round opponent. Last year Yale defeated Albany before being trounced by a dominant Penn State team. Penn will most likely be playing at Penn State, but it hopes to face a beatable opponent before running into the Nittany Lions.