More reaction to Steve Bilsky's retirement

Thursday's announcement that Penn Athletic Director Steve Bilsky will retire effective June 30 after 20 years in the position got plenty of feedback from fellow players, coaches and athletic directors alike. Now we hear from Temple coach Fran Dunphy, who coached Penn with Bilsky as AD from 1994-2006, and Virginia Athletic Director Craig Littlepage, a Penn basketball teammate of Bilsky's in 1970-71.

Dunphy: Steve Bilsky has overseen many dynamic changes at the University of Pennsylvania over the last 20 years and the impact that he has had, both as a player and as an administrator, clearly shows that he has served the University well. What a great career.

Littlepage: "Steve has had a great career in leading the University of Pennsylvania athletics program over the past twenty years.  His years as a basketball player served him well for his role as their Director of Athletics in that he understood, better than most people, the institutional culture and what factors would facilitate success.  As a player Steve was a guy who made things happen.  If you look at what has been accomplished during his time as Penn's Athletics Director, it is clear he's also made things happen as an administrator.  The academic success of the student-athletes, the competitive success of the teams and individual athletes, and the progress made in facility development have all been very impressive"