Cartwright gets second-team All-Ivy, Hicks gets honorable mention

Now that the 2012-13 Ivy slate is history, it's time for the honors to start rolling in.

Penn was represented by two players in the All-Ivy teams that the Ivy League announced today - Miles Cartwright and Tony Hicks.

Cartwright finished the season ranked fifth among Ivy players with 13.5 points per game. His 4.1 assists per game were good for second in Ivy play as well. The junior guard also ranked ninth in minutes per game in Ivy play at 34.0. Cartwright was one of six players to earn a second-team All-Ivy selection.

Hicks, meanwhile, earned one of five honorable mentions. The freshman guard averaged 15.3 points per contest in Ivy play - good for third in the conference. Hicks also ranked in the top 10 in Ivy games in free throw percentage and three-point field goal percentage.

Meanwhile, Princeton’s senior forward Ian Hummer was the coaches’ selection as the Ivy League Player of the Year, and Harvard freshman guard Siyani Chambers was a unanimous selection as the Ivy League Rookie of the Year.

This season marks the first time since 2008-09 that no Penn player was named first-team All-Ivy after Zack Rosen earned that honor for 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12.