Game 23: Harvard - The Good, Bad & the Ugly

FULL RECAP // BOX SCORE 

THE GOOD: Cam Gunter

Never thought Cam Gunter would go in this category, did you? But after a 10-point, nine-rebound performance in just 15 minutes of play that saw Gunter grow up in the face of a Harvard frontcourt that was surprisingly on its game all night long.

THE BAD: The Boston Block Party

Fifteen blocks for Harvard made for one of the longest nights in recent memory for the Quakers offensively. The game was basically a highlight reel of Miles Cartwright and company driving into the lane only to get stuffed by sophomore center Kenyatta Smith, who had 10 blocks of his own.

THE UGLY: How Harvard won

Harvard came in with a killer team three-point percentage, but it didn't need to rely on the long ball against Penn. Even with Harvard's No. 2 and No. 3 leading scorers Siyani Chambers and Laurent Rivard struggling offensively, the Crimson still imposed their will on the Quakers, especially inside, where Smith jump hooked his way to a 20-point explosion. (He had 68 points in 18 games this season before Friday.) Jerome Allen said Darien Nelson-Henry had "zero presence defensively" and that his poor defense was a "function of effort," not his injury. A bit of coachspeak perhaps, but still legitimate disappointment at an interior defense that buckled whenever it was pushed. Forget "small ball," this was just the Crimson's weakness (their bigs) having their way against Penn.