Fast facts from Penn basketball's comeback win at Cornell

Penn basketball was losing from the opening tip against Cornell until the final minute when a three-pointer from freshman forward Sam Jones and a floater in the paint from junior captain Tony Hicks propelled the Quakers to a 71-69 victory. Here are some interesting facts from the big win for the Red and Blue.

• It was Penn's first victory while trailing in the final minute since March 8, 2013 against Brown. 
  • The Quakers are 4-0 in their last four contests where Hicks scores in double figures. They are 0-3 during that span when he scores in single digits.
  • The game-high 25 points from Hicks were his highest point total since Penn's season opener against Delaware State.
  • The Red and Blue have won their last four games at Newman Arena and have a four-game winning streak against the Big Red. Penn's last loss to Cornell was by the same final score as Friday evening, 71-69. 
  • Penn finished with 17 turnovers compared to just seven by Cornell. The Quakers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in six of their seven wins this year. This was the first time Penn won a game where they turned the ball over 10 more times than its opponent since Jan. 11, 2014 against Princeton.
  • The Red and Blue have turned the ball over at least 14 times in all 18 games this season.
  • This was the 78th straight game in which the Quakers turned the ball over 10 or more times, dating back to a 74-63 win over Quinnipiac on Mar. 14, 2012. Camryn Crocker is the only player to play both in that game vs. Quinnipiac and on Friday night, playing nine minutes in each game. Penn is 24-54 in those 78 games.
  • It was also the 34th straight game in Ivy play in which the Quakers turned the ball over 10 or more times, dating back to Mar. 2, 2012 against Brown. Penn is 14-20 in those 34 games.
  • Penn made 10 three-pointers against Cornell, shooting 52.6 percent. The Quakers hit 10 threes ... all of last weekend. It was the first time all season Penn has made 10 shots from beyond the arc.