Penn Basketball Recruit Roundup | Sept. 29

Penn basketball already has a solid recruiting class for the Class of 2019 but coach Jerome Allen is not done yet. Let's check in on the world of high school basketball recruiting to see what Penn is up to...

Weisner Perez commits to Harvard, Connor Cashaw soon to follow? - Last week, Perez, a small forward from Morton High School (Ill.), committed to Harvard basketball after being recruited by many Ivy League schools, including Penn. The 6-foot-6 high school senior had received interest from every Ancient Eight school outside of Columbia and also had offers from other mid-majors. Ultimately, the pitch from the defending Ivy champions put the Crimson ahead of the other Ivies.

After Perez's commitment, all eyes turn to Cashaw, who is from nearby Adlai Stevenson High School (Ill.). Many people believe that the two will commit as a pair and Cashaw has an offer in hand from the Crimson. Cashaw also has drawn interest from many Ivy schools, and reportedly has an offer from the Red and Blue.

Levan Alston Jr. trims list to three, eliminates Penn - Alston, a high school senior combo guard from Haverford School (Pa.), cut his list of potential schools from six to three, taking the Red and Blue out of consideration. The 6-foot-3 guard is a top-100 recruit on ESPN.com and has received interest from a lot of local schools, including Temple. Alston's godfather is none other than Allen, who already has multiple guards committed to Penn for next season.

Dalton Soffer picks up offers from Penn and Seton Hall - Class of 2019 shooting guard Dalton Soffer had previously cut his list to just four schools, with Boston University, Loyola (Md.), Seton Hall and Penn making the list. Soffer, who is from California, took a couple unofficial visits last week and receiving offers from the Pirates and Quakers during his visits. He is expected to decide on a school in the next month or so.