Game Six: Yale — The good, bad and the ugly

The streak continues as Penn football picked up its 18th consecutive Ivy win, defeating Yale today, 37-25 at Franklin Field. It was another 4th quarter come-from-behind victory, but it wasn't quite the nail-biter we've gotten used to seeing.

The Good: This was the first time I've seen Penn's offense look this versatile. We know what we're going to get every time Brandon Colavita steps on the turf. Wideouts Ryan Mitchell and Ryan Calvert have been quarterback Billy Ragone's go-to guys so far this season, and today Ragone mixed it up. He found a lot of success with tight end Luke Nawrocki over the middle and found Joe Holder once in the end zone as well. And with that combination of run and pass, it just opens up Ragone's scramble game, as we saw on his 11-yard touchdown.

The Bad: Ivy League penalties. I'm obviously all for penalties that are going to keep players safe, but the ridiculous 15-yard personal fouls the refs called on players for taunting, celebrating, etc. are just absurd. This is football. The whole Ivy-League-better-behaved-than-thou mindset is just silly and even the Versus commentators said they had never seen some of these penalties called before.

The Ugly: Yale special teams. Yowza. Allowing an onside pooch kick and then fumbling their next attempt at a kickoff return. And a missed PAT. Just remember that if the onside kick had not worked in Penn's favor, we would all be crying about how Al Bagnoli should never have attempted a trick like that. But props to the coach for having the chutzpah to go for it.