Hillary Clinton addresses economy, higher education in wide-ranging speech

MANCHESTER, NH — At a rally at Manchester Community College, former Senator and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton struck a youth-focused tone as she addressed a wide range of social issues and delved into finer details of her economic ambitions.

“I believe with all my heart that we are well positioned to seize the future,” Clinton said before an overflowing crowd of roughly 500 people. “But it won’t happen by wishing for it. It will only happen by working for it.”

After a who’s-who of introductory speakers that included New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan and Sen. Jeanne Shaheen along with husband Bill and daughter Chelsea, the Democratic favorite led off by addressing her plan for the economy, at first speaking in general terms about the need to help the nation’s small businesses.

“We need to get back to being number one in creating small businesses,” the former First Lady said. “Right now we are not providing the type of support that [they] need.”

After briefly touching on the need to rebuild infrastructure and support renewable energy, Clinton addressed her opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT).

“Senator Sanders and I share a lot of the same goals. And that has made for a very good contest. But there are differences, and it it important that you understand those differences,” Clinton said, before going on to detail her experiences fighting special interests.

Finally, recognizing the fact that she was speaking at a community college, Clinton spoke at length about her plan to fund higher education, while again distancing her policies from those of Sanders’.

“I want states to quit building so many prisons and start building more colleges.

“However, I am not in favor of totally free college because frankly, Donald Trump should pay for his kids to go to college.”