Three points hard to come by

I wasn't at the 89-68 thrashing the Quakers took in Baltimore to Loyola on Sunday afternoon, so all I can go by is the live blog and the boxscore, but here are some interesting things to note from Game 2:

• The Quakers shot 59 percent from two-point range (17 for 29) and 17 percent from three-point range (4 for 23). For the season, they are 46 percent from two and 20 percent from three.
  • Aron Cohen hit 4 of 8 from downtown against Drexel, and yet missed all of his five attempts from behind the stripe against Loyola.
  • Eight Penn players attempted at least one three, and didn't make any.
  • Eight Penn players had more turnovers than assists against the high-pressure Grayhounds' defense.
  • Quakers forwards went an astonishing 13 for 17 from the free-throw line, thanks to Andreas Schreiber's 4-for-4 effort and Justin Reilly's 5-for-6 performance. And ironically, the guards (and swingmen) went 9 for 17.
  • Reilly got 4 minutes in the opener against Drexel, but logged 22 in Baltimore, while Brennan Votel was in the game for 24 minutes against the Dragons, but got a breather on Sunday, playing only eight.
  • Loyola's Gerald Brown had an Andre Iguodala-like perfromance, scoring 27 points, with eight rebounds, six steals and three assists, not to mention going 10 for 11 from the line.
  • In a 15.5-minute stretch, starting from when it was 20-17 Loyola with 6 minutes remaining in the first half, the Hounds scored 53 points, bringing the lead from three to 30.