Who to root for (Day 5)

Well, first off, happy 100th post on The Buzz. Now, here's what you need to know about what's going on in conference tournament action and how it impacts Penn's seed in the NCAA Tournament:

Penn's projected seed: 14
Conference leaders/winners behind Penn in the RPI: 11
Penn's RPI ranking: 93rd

America East Tournament
No.1 Albany and No. 6 Vermont won yesterday, and they will meet up in the finals later this week. Either team will be ranked behind Penn in the NCAA Tournament, so root for either one.

Colonial Athletic Association Tournament
No. 1 UNC-Wilmington plays No. 3 Hoftstra in the finals today. With both teams ranked in the RPI top 40, Penn will certainly be seeded lower than the conference winner. You can cheer for either team here.

Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament
Penn got some big help today when No. 5 St. Peter's beat No. 1 Manhattan. If the Peacocks can pull another upset tonight in the championship game against No. 2 Iona, the Quakers will slip ahead of another team in the field of 65. If the Gaels win, however, they will be ranked ahead of Penn.

Mid-Continent Tournament
Cheer for anyone here. Every team is well behind Penn in the RPI.

Missouri Valley Conference Tournament
No. 2 Southern Illinois beat No. 5 Bradley last night for the automatic bid. The Salukis will definitely be seeded ahead of Penn in the NCAA Tournament.

Northeast Conference Tournament
Two New Jersey schools, No. 1 Fairleigh Dickinson and No. 3 Monmouth, won yesterday to make it to the championship game. Either team will be seeded lower than Penn.

Patriot League Tournament
No. 1 Bucknell and No. 2 Holy Cross won yesterday to make it to tomorrow night's conference championship. Penn fans should root for Holy Cross in this matchup, who will likely be seeded behind the Quakers in the field of 65. It will be close though, as the Crusaders have an RPI of 113.

Southern Conference Tournament
No. 3 Davidson earned a ticket to the Big Dance yesterday with a win over Chattanooga. With an RPI of 101, the Wildcats will likely be seeded behind Penn in the NCAA Tournament.

Sun Belt Conference Tournament
Penn fans didn't get any of the upsets they needed yesterday. But today is a new day. The No. 1 seed in the west, South Alabama, needs to fall to the No. 3 team in the west, Denver. Also, the No. 1 seed in the east, Western Kentucky, needs to be upset by the No. 2 team in the west, Louisiana-Lafayette.

West Coast Conference Tournament
Boy, oh, boy did Penn almost get some huge help yesterday in the WCC Tournament. Almost. No. 1 Gonzaga barely beat No. 5 San Diego last night, winning 96-92 in overtime. Penn needs to hope that the 'Zags fall tonight in the conference final. That would likely put another team behind the Quakers in the field of 65.