Anything but Uniform: Dartmouth/Harvard

It's the first road weekend of the year for the Quakers, and it also is the first time that a home team will get to wear white twice in a weekend -- Harvard will because Penn has two uniforms.

The Big Green will come into play tonight with a very plain getup.

There is not much else to say other than the fact that this is the most plain and high-school looking uniform Penn will see this year. One color and no piping except the little rings around the shorts, collar and arm holes, as well as the waistband.

As for Harvard, the Crimson has changed its look from the Chicago Bulls style of years past to a sleeker outfit this year.

The 2005-06 look is the same as Oklahoma's uniforms, which also happen to be the same color.

So I have to take off points for the lack of originality and the weird number font -- a little too curvy for my taste.

As for the Quakers, expect blue tonight and red tomorrow. Why? Because that is what Penn has worn on this trip for at least three straight years -- every year since "Pennsylvania" became "Penn" on the jerseys.

I can't find any photos from before that, so I apologize for ending the history lesson there.

Here's Penn in 2002-03 at Harvard, and here's last year at Harvard and Dartmouth (sorry for the black and white).

It also happened in 2003-04, but I can't find pictures right now. The Harvard Crimson had a picture of it yesterday, but the link disappeared.

Penn is 6-0 over that span wearing blue in Boston and red in Hanover, N.H.

So that's what to expect again as Penn tries for 6-0 in the Ivy League.