Anything but Uniform

It's time for some uniform information on those Penn Quakers. This is a feature that will appear before and sometimes after every game for the rest of the season.

First of all, Penn is 6-5 overall, but is 3-3 in white, 1-1 in red, and 2-1 in blue.

Meanwhile, Penn's uniforms are made by And 1 (which was founded by a Penn alum) and And 1 makes men's basketball jerseys for four other teams.

Half of those -- La Salle and Wyoming -- have the same jerseys that Penn does, (note that TCU's number font in that photo is the same as the Penn women) while Pacific has Penn's (and La Salle's) previous model and College of Charleston has something totally different.

It's nice to see a little kickback to Penn from its alums by being the first team to get the new unis. We'll see in a year or two what And 1 thinks of next.

This weekend, Penn will be hosting Columbia and Cornell. The Lions sport these uniforms on the road. The Lions do have a color named after them, and the uniforms are appropriately full of it. Overall, the road jerseys are pretty standard with the white trim and logo.

I can't seem to figure out what company makes the Lions' uniforms though. It looks like an upside down Nike swoosh, but I don't know what company that is. If anyone knows, email me.

Meanwhile, the Big Red of Cornell will come in to the Palestra wearing this.

It is similar in style to Columbia's get-up, and the color scheme makes it look a lot like Ohio State's uniforms.

And both teams are supplied by Nike.

You can't blame the Big Red for the similarities, except for the problem of gray not really being one of Cornell's official colors. Although, when we get to Harvard in a couple weeks, we'll see that the Crimson do something similar. Other Cornell teams, like the baseball and women's basketball teams (well, that was until this year when they switched to accenting with black), also use gray, so at least there is some consistency.