Antonio Woods commits to Penn

Penn appears to have landed a versatile athlete in Antonio Woods, a quarterback and guard from Summit Country Day School in Cincinnati, OH.

Summit coach Mike Brown confirmed to cincinnati.com today that Woods verbally committed to Penn after receiving 25-30 total scholarship offers between football and basketball. Brown also said that he wasn't sure which sport Woods will actually sign with, and that Penn hadn't specified which position it had recruited Woods for in football.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound Woods has thrown for 1300 yards and 21 touchdowns and rushed for 1126 yards and 17 touchdowns for Summit this season.

Woods received his first basketball offer from Miami (OH) in January and was listed on Maxpreps's "Class of 2014 100 to Watch" for high school basketball recruiting. Also holding a spot on the Ohio Basketball AAU team, Woods reportedly picked up a basketball offer from St. Joe's in July.

A speedy, pass-first point guard who led his high school team to the Division III state title in basketball in 2012, Woods is a solid on-the-ball defender who could reportedly work on his jump shot. On offense, though, Woods is both a controlled point man and a blow-by artist in driving to the hoop.

Woods had received several offers for both football and basketball, getting offers as either a quarterback or athlete from Indiana, Northwestern, Cincinnati, Akron, Illinois, Toledo, and Bowling Green. West Virginia offered him as a defensive back. Woods also indicated in April that Northwestern would be on his short list.

Here's a video of Antonio Woods appearing to run the point and use his long arms well defensively at the Adidas All In Classic. Interestingly, here's a video from March in which Woods excludes Penn in a list of teams who have extended offers to him and doesn't mention his potential to play basketball at the next level.