Copy
Monday, April 15

Good morning, Penn!

Welcome back to Quaker Nation! This week, both men's and women's lacrosse picked up key Ivy League victories, while the Penn community received more information about the upcoming renovations to Sheerr Pool. But first, two men's basketball guards announced their transfer destinations.

Stay tuned for the relaunch of Quaker Nation in next week's edition on Monday, April 22, with a new design and exciting new content.
This week's top stories:
Tyler Perkins of Penn men's basketball to transfer to Villanova
Photo by Abhiram Juvvadi
Freshman guard Tyler Perkins announced his transfer to Villanova University on April 14.
Clark Slajchert of Penn men's basketball announces graduate transfer to USC
Photo by Weining Ding
Senior guard Clark Slajchert announced his graduate transfer to The University of Southern California on April 10.

More from DP Sports:

1. An analysis of basketball attendance data found that Penn has the largest gap between men's and women's basketball over the last five seasons.
  2. With Sheerr Pool set to close for renovations in July, Penn Campus Recreation provided more information about the plans for the space, including new renderings.
  3. Men's and women's lacrosse picked up a pair of Ancient Eight wins over the weekend, with the men's team securing a place in the Ivy League Tournament.
  4. An Olympic hopeful, men's rowing's Sam Sullivan is a beacon of energy and optimism.
Video of the week:
In a battle of Pros vs. Joes, the DP sports staff took on Penn swimming junior and Olympic hopeful Matt Fallon in his signature race: the 200-yard breaststroke.
Player of the week:
Penn men's lacrosse senior attacker Cam Rubin continued his stellar campaign over the weekend, netting six goals to lead the Red and Blue to a victory over Harvard. Rubin's 28 goals on the season are seven more than any other Quaker.
Courtesy of Penn Athletics

One great read:

After a wild final day of the regular season, the NBA playoffs are set. Before the postseason tips off, ESPN breaks down the 18 teams who will vie for the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Best of Sports Photo:

Photo by Weining Ding
Junior pole vaulter James Rhoads poses with his pole on April 7.
Photo by Grace Chen
Sophomore midfielder Griffin Scane looks to pass around Harvard's Ray Dearth on April 14.
Photo by Grace Chen
Sophomore outfielder Ryan Taylor follows through on his swing in a game against Cornell on April 14.
Support student journalism
We are an independent, student-run newsroom. Please consider making a donation to support the coverage that shapes Penn.
Today's newsletter was copy edited by Asha Chawla.
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Website
Penn Daily Podcast
Subscribe to all of The Daily Pennsylvanian's newsletters to get today's biggest headlines in your inbox every weekday morning.
Thank you for joining us in this week's news in Penn sports. Please share any ideas or concerns with us by emailing Sports Editors Walker Carnathan (carnathan@thedp.com) and Vivian Yao (yao@thedp.com).

Quaker Nation arrives to your inbox Monday mornings by The Daily Pennsylvanian. You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe at any time.
Copyright © 2024 The Daily Pennsylvanian, All rights reserved.