Articles by Mary Tuyetnhi Tran

04/19/21 1:05am
Some students reported a need for safe transportation to Chinatown, citing COVID-19 health concerns and the uptick in anti-Asian hate crimes as barriers to using public transportation.
04/01/21 12:51am
The protest, called #PhillySchoolsDeserve: A March for PILOTs, was co-sponsored by Penn Community for Justice, Drexel Community for Justice, Penn for PILOTs, and other community organizations.
03/28/21 11:38pm
A primary concern shared by students was feeling a lack of community while taking virtual classes. Some students also said that grappling with feelings of inadequacy and impostor syndrome as FGLI students has been a struggle.
03/23/21 12:35am
President Joe Biden said that he does not support canceling loan debt for "people who have gone to Harvard and Yale and Penn" at a February town hall, sparking backlash from first-generation, low-income students.
03/08/21 12:58am
Some FGLI students criticized the lack of flexibility of meal plans because of their high costs and the large number of meal swipes and Dining Dollars they come with. 
03/02/21 12:45am
This year, students are able to request housing in New College House West for the first time. Penn is also set to return to regular occupancy levels in college houses next year.
02/22/21 2:12am
Penn FLASH is an online platform through which FGLI students can connect with alumni mentors based on factors including their major, career prospects, and location.
02/05/21 12:59am
The P1P office covers 2,538 square feet of space and features study spaces, meeting rooms for one-on-one advising sessions, and lounge areas. 
01/29/21 12:37am
After spending three years in the attic on the third floor of the Greenfield Intercultural Center, the FGLI library will now operate through a new arrangement with Penn Libraries. 
01/25/21 12:53am
FGLI students largely praised Penn's decision to open campus after operating a remote fall semester, citing guaranteed University housing and food for on-campus housing residents.
01/08/21 12:42am
Penn President Amy Gutmann and Provost Wendell Pritchett called efforts to undermine the election “assaults on the political freedom of all citizens" — but their statement did not include any explicit condemnation of Trump, a 1968 Wharton graduate, for inciting the mob.
11/16/20 11:48pm
Promoting Racial Awareness in Schools, founded by College seniors Shawn Sangeun Kim and Charles Curtis-Thomas, aims to implement educational initiatives that increase awareness of racism in the classroom. 
11/05/20 10:42pm
Biden's strengths as a bipartisan leader and ability to negotiate are important characteristics to lead the U.S. economy out of the COVID-19 recession, Wharton professor Jeremy Siegel said.
10/30/20 2:55am
Experts said that although there are barriers China will have to overcome to achieve carbon neutrality, the pledge is a step in the right direction. 
10/14/20 11:09pm
The study's findings may be key in the fight against the increasing numbers of antibiotic-resistant bacteria because this peptide could potentially be repurposed into an antibiotic treatment.
10/08/20 12:11am
Abdus-Saboor, the Mitchell J. and Margo K. Blutt Presidential Assistant Professor of Biology, will receive grants of $50,000 annually for up to three years to fund his pain research.
More Articles