Articles by Mary Tuyetnhi Tran

10/25/21 12:26am
The podcast, called “Med Legs," currently has eight episodes including topics like applying and interviewing for medical school to navigating academics as a FGLI student.
10/11/21 10:57pm
Starting Sept. 13, the GIC began to offer weekly opportunities to pick up a bag of produce at the center’s location on 37th and Chestnut streets behind Pottruck Health and Fitness Center. 
10/05/21 9:56pm
Penn's Information Systems and Computing has "identified vendor software bugs that have been impacting performance" and is tentatively planning to upgrade to a newer version of the vendor software over fall break.
09/23/21 10:43pm
The center will not have a physical building, but its work will be done at several of Penn's existing engineering buildings, according to SEAS Dean Vijay Kumar.
09/21/21 12:48am
Some FGLI first years reported feeling pleasantly surprised by Penn's existing FGLI community and resources, though some added that they felt culture shock upon arriving on campus.
09/12/21 10:50pm
The service will be offered for a full semester for the first time following its pilot launch last spring.
09/10/21 12:32am
Prior to the attacks, many Penn students said it was just a normal morning. But the attacks threw the day into uncertainty — some students proceeded to class as usual before the University suspended operations, and reporters and editors from The Daily Pennsylvanian rushed to the office to cover the unfolding tragedy.
08/24/21 9:00pm
Students can join various FGLI-oriented clubs and take advantage of academic resources.
08/08/21 10:59pm
Plans include creating a 450-seat theater and stage, and the center will support performing arts instructors and provide rehearsal and practice spaces.
08/05/21 5:12pm
A total of 80% of students enrolled in on-campus programs and 84% of faculty and staff have reported being fully vaccinated. The University expects the community vaccination rate to reach 90% by September. 
07/07/21 10:20am
Experts said that Gutmann’s experience as Penn’s president could aid her in the role of ambassador to Germany and pointed out the historical precedent of college presidents who served as previous ambassadors.
06/30/21 12:18am
The rebranding will give the center the opportunity to grow and expand programming beyond Penn's campus by holding upcoming performances at Morris Arboretum and the Church of the Holy Trinity.
06/29/21 6:23pm
Gutman is the the longest serving president in Penn’s history. Her contract will end in 2022.
05/24/21 2:30am
The eight institutions are all planning to resume in-person learning for fall 2021, and are also preparing to potentially implement a number of health and safety measures.
05/07/21 12:27am
The prizes are awarded annually to graduating seniors to encourage them to design engagement projects that will make a positive difference in the world in their first year after college.
04/29/21 12:36am
Goessman, who was 24, began the Pre-Health Program in 2019 with the intention of applying to medical school.
04/21/21 12:12am
Some students said that the timing of the announcement, which was made less than two weeks before the end of spring classes, blindsided them, given how hard they worked to receive the award.
04/19/21 1:05am
Some students reported a need for safe transportation to Chinatown, citing COVID-19 health concerns and the uptick in anti-Asian hate crimes as barriers to using public transportation.
04/01/21 12:51am
The protest, called #PhillySchoolsDeserve: A March for PILOTs, was co-sponsored by Penn Community for Justice, Drexel Community for Justice, Penn for PILOTs, and other community organizations.
03/28/21 11:38pm
A primary concern shared by students was feeling a lack of community while taking virtual classes. Some students also said that grappling with feelings of inadequacy and impostor syndrome as FGLI students has been a struggle.
More Articles