Articles by Mary Tuyetnhi Tran

07/07/21 10:20am
Experts said that Gutmann’s experience as Penn’s president could aid her in the role of ambassador to Germany and pointed out the historical precedent of college presidents who served as previous ambassadors.
06/30/21 12:18am
The rebranding will give the center the opportunity to grow and expand programming beyond Penn's campus by holding upcoming performances at Morris Arboretum and the Church of the Holy Trinity.
06/29/21 6:23pm
Gutman is the the longest serving president in Penn’s history. Her contract will end in 2022.
05/24/21 2:30am
The eight institutions are all planning to resume in-person learning for fall 2021, and are also preparing to potentially implement a number of health and safety measures.
05/07/21 12:27am
The prizes are awarded annually to graduating seniors to encourage them to design engagement projects that will make a positive difference in the world in their first year after college.
04/29/21 12:36am
Goessman, who was 24, began the Pre-Health Program in 2019 with the intention of applying to medical school.
04/21/21 12:12am
Some students said that the timing of the announcement, which was made less than two weeks before the end of spring classes, blindsided them, given how hard they worked to receive the award.
04/19/21 1:05am
Some students reported a need for safe transportation to Chinatown, citing COVID-19 health concerns and the uptick in anti-Asian hate crimes as barriers to using public transportation.
04/01/21 12:51am
The protest, called #PhillySchoolsDeserve: A March for PILOTs, was co-sponsored by Penn Community for Justice, Drexel Community for Justice, Penn for PILOTs, and other community organizations.
03/28/21 11:38pm
A primary concern shared by students was feeling a lack of community while taking virtual classes. Some students also said that grappling with feelings of inadequacy and impostor syndrome as FGLI students has been a struggle.
03/23/21 12:35am
President Joe Biden said that he does not support canceling loan debt for "people who have gone to Harvard and Yale and Penn" at a February town hall, sparking backlash from first-generation, low-income students.
03/08/21 12:58am
Some FGLI students criticized the lack of flexibility of meal plans because of their high costs and the large number of meal swipes and Dining Dollars they come with. 
03/02/21 12:45am
This year, students are able to request housing in New College House West for the first time. Penn is also set to return to regular occupancy levels in college houses next year.
02/22/21 2:12am
Penn FLASH is an online platform through which FGLI students can connect with alumni mentors based on factors including their major, career prospects, and location.
02/05/21 12:59am
The P1P office covers 2,538 square feet of space and features study spaces, meeting rooms for one-on-one advising sessions, and lounge areas. 
01/29/21 12:37am
After spending three years in the attic on the third floor of the Greenfield Intercultural Center, the FGLI library will now operate through a new arrangement with Penn Libraries. 
01/25/21 12:53am
FGLI students largely praised Penn's decision to open campus after operating a remote fall semester, citing guaranteed University housing and food for on-campus housing residents.
01/08/21 12:42am
Penn President Amy Gutmann and Provost Wendell Pritchett called efforts to undermine the election “assaults on the political freedom of all citizens" — but their statement did not include any explicit condemnation of Trump, a 1968 Wharton graduate, for inciting the mob.
11/16/20 11:48pm
Promoting Racial Awareness in Schools, founded by College seniors Shawn Sangeun Kim and Charles Curtis-Thomas, aims to implement educational initiatives that increase awareness of racism in the classroom. 
11/05/20 10:42pm
Biden's strengths as a bipartisan leader and ability to negotiate are important characteristics to lead the U.S. economy out of the COVID-19 recession, Wharton professor Jeremy Siegel said.
More Articles