<![CDATA[Quite Frankly]]> Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:17:43 -0400 Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:17:43 -0400 SNworks CEO 2024 The Daily Pennsylvanian en-us penn, upenn, university of pennsylvania, the dp, dp, dailypenn, the daily pennsylvanian webadmin@thedp.com No <![CDATA[10: A Legacy of Privilege]]> In this episode of Quite Frankly, Jacob and Anika connect with students, admissions counsellors, and academics to discuss Penn's policy of giving legacy students preference in admissions decisions. We explore the history of the legacy system, the arguments for and against it, and the likelihood of change in the future.

Hosted by Jacob Gardenschwartz and Anika Ranginani. Produced by Lauren Sorantino. Theme music by Andrew Ellis: @andrew-dummyfresh-ellis.

]]>
In this episode of Quite Frankly, Jacob and Anika connect with students, admissions counsellors, and academics to discuss Penn's policy of giving legacy students preference in admissions decisions. We explore the history of the legacy system, the arguments for and against it, and the likelihood of change in the future.

]]>
<![CDATA[9: Reevaluating the Role of ABCS Classes]]> Who are Academically Based Community Service courses really serving? In this episode of Quite Frankly, we talk to administrators and students about their experiences working with West Philadelphia public schools.

Hosted by Jacob Gardenschwartz and Anika Ranginani. Produced by Joyce Varma. Theme music by Andrew Ellis: @andrew-dummyfresh-ellis.

]]>
Who are Academically Based Community Service courses really serving? In this episode of Quite Frankly, we talk to administrators and students about their experiences working with West Philadelphia public schools.

]]>
<![CDATA[8: Take a Lap: Fraternity Ratios at Penn]]> How does the fraternity ratio system impact Penn students? On the first episode of Quite Frankly this semester, we take a critical look at ratios and their role within Penn's party scene.

]]>
How does the fraternity ratio system impact Penn students? On the first episode of Quite Frankly this semester, we take a critical look at ratios and their role within Penn's party scene.

]]>
<![CDATA[7: Adulting?]]> In our final episode of the year, we look ahead to life after graduation. We talked to current and former students about the challenges of entering the "real world" and the idea that our generation can't handle growing up. We also spoke with the director of Career Services about Penn's pre-professional culture and how undergraduates approach the job market.

Hosted by Leopold Spohngellert and Lauren Feiner. Produced by Joyce Varma. Theme music by Andrew Ellis: @andrew-dummyfresh-ellis.

Drop us a line at podcasts@thedp.com.

]]>
In our final episode of the year, we look ahead to life after graduation. We talked to current and former students about the challenges of entering the "real world" and the idea that our generation can't handle growing up. We also spoke with the director of Career Services about Penn's pre-professional culture and how undergraduates approach the job market.

Drop us a line at podcasts@thedp.com.

]]>
<![CDATA[6: Penn Swipes Right]]>

How do Penn students find love in a world of dating apps? On this episode, we explore stories from a couple who met on a dating app made by a Penn student, Tinder tales from abroad and the currency of Grindr.

Hosted by Leopold Spohngellert and Lauren Feiner. Produced by Joyce Varma. Special thanks to our intern Charlotte Laracy. Theme music by Andrew Ellis: @andrew-dummyfresh-ellis.

Drop us a line at podcasts@thedp.com.

]]>

Drop us a line at podcasts@thedp.com.

]]>
<![CDATA[5: Is Penn Safe?]]> What really makes a space "safe"? In this episode, we explore the phrase by digging into the history of Du Bois College House and analyzing the ways in which it has made Penn feel safer for many students.

Drop us a line at podcasts@thedp.com.

]]>
What really makes a space "safe"? In this episode, we explore the phrase by digging into the history of Du Bois College House and analyzing the ways in which it has made Penn feel safer for many students.

Drop us a line at podcasts@thedp.com.

]]>
<![CDATA[4: First Generation]]> Lots of Penn students hear about their parents' alma maters, but we caught up with two students whose parents didn't go to college. Mckayla and Jenny are two of the roughly 1,200 First Generation undergraduates at Penn.

Hosted by Leopold Spohngellert and Sydney Schaedel. Produced by Joyce Varma. Music by Andrew Ellis.

]]>
Lots of Penn students hear about their parents' alma maters, but we caught up with two students whose parents didn't go to college. Mckayla and Jenny are two of the roughly 1,200 First Generation undergraduates at Penn.

]]>
<![CDATA[3: The Penn Bubble]]> What is the "Penn bubble"? Tune in to hear students and administrators talk about living on a college campus in the city of Philadelphia.

]]>
What is the "Penn bubble"? Tune in to hear students and administrators talk about living on a college campus in the city of Philadelphia.

]]>
<![CDATA[2: Writing Seminar]]> The writing seminar is the only course every Penn student must take. It's also one of the lowest ranked courses on Penn Course Review. This week on Quite Frankly we explore why this course is required.

]]>
The writing seminar is the only course every Penn student must take. It's also one of the lowest ranked courses on Penn Course Review. This week on Quite Frankly we explore why this course is required.

]]>
<![CDATA[1: Leaves of Absence]]> What happens to Penn students when they decide to take time off to address their physical or mental health? On the inaugural episode of Quite Frankly we talk to students who took leaves of absence and explore their stories.

]]>
What happens to Penn students when they decide to take time off to address their physical or mental health? On the inaugural episode of Quite Frankly we talk to students who took leaves of absence and explore their stories.

]]>