Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

3 Types of Yarn You Can Knit This Summer While All Your Friends Are Interning at Hedge Funds

capture

Photo from Pxhere / CC0

The end of the school year is approaching, and it's not too long before internships begin. What is an internship, you ask? Oh, you don't know? Well, you probably know that a ton of your friends will be spending their summers in the Big Apple working in finance. Lucky for you, you have nothing to do at all from June until August! It is only fitting that you take up a new and exciting hobby. Here are 3 types of yarn you can knit while all your friends are interning at hedge funds.

Wool yarn

This kind of yarn is spun from the fleece of sheep and is extremely popular. It is very well-priced, and most importantly, can be flexibly knit to accommodate different seasons. Since you don't have any plans this summer, wool is a fabulous option to knit clothing for when you are traveling the world across climates.

Cotton yarn

You may know that cotton is a natural plant fiber. And nothing says summer more than a breezy cotton garment. Because it is so smooth, it's great for showing off complicated stitchwork. That's awesome for you, because with all that free time on your hands as an unemployed person, you're going to be making some fabulous patterns!

Alpaca yarn

You'll recognize this material right away by how soft it is. This dense fiber is hypoallergenic, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin. You're going to want this yarn right away, because let's face it: you're pretty sensitive about how you don't have a real job this summer! This yarn will keep you warm and protected from the haters.

PennConnects