Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

Wharton Senior Makes Millions off Butter Substitute Substitute 'I Can't Believe It's Not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'

butter

Photo from Renee Comet / CC0

If this isn’t Pennovation, nothing is.

Wharton senior Brad Dery has made two million dollars and counting off his culinary creation “I Can’t Believe It’s Not I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter,” a substitute for the popular butter substitute I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.

“My butter substitute substitute is great, because it’s a perfect alternative to those who want an alternative to a popular alternative to oil,” Dery said.

According to its website, I Can’t Believe It’s Not I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter is made from the milk of cows in a secret formula that nearly perfectly replicates the soft, rich creaminess of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.

“Basically, my idea was to create an all-natural substitute to I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. I found that by processing the milk of cows in a certain way, I could create a food product that tastes very similar I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter—but even better,” Dery said. “It took a lot of late nights in Huntsman, but eventually I was able to create a company I’m really proud of.”

I Can’t Believe It’s Not I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter can be found at any grocery store for $26 a stick.

PennConnects