Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

Wow! College Alum Appointed Assistant Manager of a Dairy Queen in Connecticut

dairy_queen_restaurant_ct_usa_july_2013jpeg

Photo from Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 3.0 

They say what makes Penn truly great is its unparalleled network of alumni. From the likes of Elon Musk to John Legend, Penn's graduates have been undeniably successful in their pursuits. As of today, another noteworthy name can be added to this list of incredible alums.

Breaking reports out of Stamford, Connecticut indicate that Joseph Goldberg (C '02) has been appointed as the new Assistant Manager of the Southeast Stamford Dairy Queen. This monumental accomplishment follows Goldberg's tenure as head line cook and associate dish washer.

Immediately following graduation, Goldberg reportedly had countless offers from some of the biggest and most prestigious firms in the country, including KFC, Wendy's, and even Taco Bell. Ultimately, he decided to take a lucrative line cook job at Chik-Fil-A, as he believed it would give him the most room for upward mobility. Following three years as a junior line cook at Chik-Fil-A, Goldberg was promoted to an associate line cook — a position he held for eight years until accepting a higher-paying job at Dairy Queen.

Goldberg, who studied Classics and Medieval Studies at Penn (with a minor in consumer psychology, of course), knew all throughout college that he wanted to eventually manage a company.

"I mean, I was a College student who took marketing classes," stated Goldberg. "I minored in consumer psychology. Did I mention that? Yeah, well I did. I guess you could say I was pretty well-rounded. Really took advantage of that interdisciplinary education."

Despite having already secured his place as a Penn legend, Goldberg remarkably has plans to become even more successful. "One day, I hope to become the manager of this branch," Goldberg proudly exclaimed.

We wish the best for Goldberg as he continues to use his valuable Penn degree to change the world. If students are lucky, they may even get to witness him speaking at Convocation one day.

PennConnects