Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

​Oh No! This Dance Group Forgot Their Feet at Home on the Night of the Big Show

16375464297_7d07da7ce4_o

Photo by COD Newsroom / CC BY 2.0

Penn Salsa Dancers went into their big show Friday night with high hopes. Little did they know the disaster they were headed into: every member of the club forgot their feet at home.

As the dancers crawled on stage, the audience gasped. The dancers' legs ended at the ankles in hideous, blunted nubs.

Larry Burns (C ’20) was caught between confusion and disbelief. “How were they going to salsa without any feet?” Burns said. “I thought it was a magic trick at first.”

As the dancers stumbled around on their knobby ankles, the audience began to boo. The complex routine was practically unrecognizable performed on clumsy, feetless legs.

Soon, most of the audience walked out. “I was pretty upset that I paid money for that,” Burns said. “What kind of dance troupe doesn’t bring their feet?”

Megan Losado (W ’18), president of Penn Salsa Dancers, said in a statement after the show, “We sincerely apologize for not bringing our feet to the show. It was a massive oversight and we should have been more careful.”

Penn Salsa Dancers are working hard to come back from this setback. “We are practicing harder than ever and putting accountability systems in place to make sure we all bring our feet to the next show.”

PennConnects