Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

What's HapPENNing?

There's nothing that makes us want to escape the Penn bubble more than midterms, so this week’s rife with motivations for escape.  The only thing more crowded than the VP basement this week will be the sold out Beach House concert (who's got an extra ticket for this editor??), but we've lassoed up all the Philly finds with plenty of open spots.  Stop wasting your time searching for an empty carrel, make like Petula Clark, and take a trip downtown this week.

"City Hall Presents"    Who: Sonia Sanchez, the poet laureate of Philadelphia When and Where: Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.; City Hall Why: October is Mural Arts Month, and aforementioned poet laureate Sonia Sanchez has created a public art project for the city called Peace is a Haiku Song.  Hear her talk about her haikus and peep other Philadelphia-based poets at this free presentation.

Brewerytown's Brewfest    Who: Brewerytown When and Where: Thursday, 6-8 p.m.; Brewerytown (North Philadelphia near 13th and Girard) Why: Brewerytown sounds vaguely like Halloweentown, but it's possibly even better because it's filled with breweries.  Five brewers will be offering free beer samples, with food trucks and beer brewing lessons rounding out the event schedule.

OFF!    Who: R5 Productions When and Where: Friday, 8 p.m.; First Unitarian Church (2125 Chestnut Street) Why: Because you like dancing!  And bands with exclamation points in their names!

Indiana Jones Day    Who: Penn Museum When and Where: Saturday, 1 p.m.; Penn Museum Why:  Saturday is National Archaeology Day, and you don't want to be caught not celebrating.  For one day only, you can make like Indiana Jones, whatever that means.  $8 with Penn ID, but only $6 with "Indiana Jones-style fedora."

PennConnects