42482_31136__dsc6190of

After an up-and-down sophomore season, junior guard Tony Hicks has moved into a role as captain and will be relied on to lead a young Quakers squad.

Our 2014-15 Penn basketball supplement came out today and below is everyone of our in-depth articles about the upcoming season. 

Without further adu, here are nine reasons to follow the Red and Blue this year.

1. The outside may not have high expectations for the Quakers but the team likes it that way.

2. Camryn Crocker and Patrick Lucas-Perry are some pretty solid senior captains to right the ship.

3. It'll also help having the 'tremendous' presence of assistant coach Nat Graham.

4. But don't forget about Mike Lintulahti, who took an unlikely path to his assistant position.

5. Want a candidate for a breakout season? Sophomore Matt Howard is a likely candidate.

6. And the freshman class may have a big impact as well.

7. The team embraces its seventh place ranking in the Ivy preseason poll as the Quakers look to far surpass it.

8. The freshmen aren't the only thing different from last year, as the team (and fans) expect different results.

9. At the end of the year, it all comes down to the Ivy League, which seems pretty wide-open after No. 25 Harvard.