The former School of Design student who left an unidentified briefcase in front of Meyerson Hall on Dec. 10 is scheduled for a status hearing in court on Jan. 26.

Adam Irish, 26, was identified by the Division of Public Safety because he was acting strangely at the scene of the potential bomb threat. Vice President for Public Safety Maureen Rush said Irish “was known to DPS for a couple of weeks.” Irish had his preliminary hearing on Dec. 22.

Irish is charged with multiple infractions including terroristic threats with the intention to terrorize another, bomb threats, harassment and false alarm to agency of public safety.

Rush said that he had been previously charged with terroristic threats as well as reckless endangerment.

After being apprehended by authorities, Irish was involuntarily committed into a nearby mental health facility for over 72 hours.

Irish, who is currently not in Philadelphia, is not allowed on Penn’s campus or to contact Penn students or faculty, Rush said.

Kiersten Burley, personnel manager of Franklin Fountain — where Irish worked from Nov. 14 to Dec. 1 — said Irish “was a fair employee” but would “not rehire him.”

He had been discharged on Dec. 1 for not attending a scheduled shift.

Rush said Irish does not pose an ongoing threat.