The College junior who was critically injured after falling two stories at a party on Sept. 18 remains in critical but stable condition, according to officials at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

Pi Kappa Alpha brother Matthew Paris fell over a banister at a registered Psi Upsilon party after consuming 21 shots of alcohol in celebration of his birthday, according to students who attended the party.

Although the details of Paris' condition have not been released, his pelvis and shoulder sustained injuries in the fall, according to friends who have visited the hospital. Paris may have sustained head trauma as well, according to the students.

Visitors also reported that Paris has spoken briefly and is able to mouth words.

Many in the Greek community, as well as others, have rallied behind Paris, establishing a Web site with get-well wishes and updates.

The University has yet to make an official announcement concerning the incident.

Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Associate Director for Programming Lea Shafer declined to comment about future investigations of individuals or fraternities.