You can apply to be a Daily Pennsylvanian Opinion Columnist by submitting the form at the following link: bit.ly/DPColumn
During the semester, applications are considered on an ongoing, rolling basis. Please refer to details at the link for how to apply and the requirements of the position.
Guest Column Submission Guidelines
1. Submissions should be 650 to 750 words. While it is possible to submit with fewer than 650 words, the hard upper limit is 750.
2. The author of the submission must be a member of the Penn community: student, alumni, staff or faculty.
3. The topic must have relevance to the Penn community.
4. No personal attacks are allowed.
5. Submissions must be “authored” by an individual. Groups may choose to have a “spokesperson” chosen to be their representative; however, no submissions will be accepted that are authored by a “body.”
6. No promotional pieces. The purpose of the Opinion page is to generate and/or continue discussion within the Penn community.
Letters to the Editor Submission Guidelines
Letters to the Editor follow the same guidelines as guest columns with one major difference. The word limit for Letters is 200. All submissions become property of the DP and are subject to editing for style, clarity and space concerns. Anonymous submissions will be read, but not printed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your guest column or letter to the editor.