Articles by Theodore L. Caputi

01/13/16 11:34pm
Would you listen to Albert Einstein’s political counsel? Terence Tao’s opinion on drug policy?
12/08/15 12:34am
The words “billion” and “million” may rhyme, but they’re very different values. Consider the following: if you started out with a billion dollars the day Christ was born, and spent $1,000 every day since, you’d still have $264 million left today.
11/10/15 11:13pm
The opioid epidemic — the recent and meteoric increase in heroin and prescription painkiller abuse — poses one of the most serious public health threats of our time.
10/14/15 12:09am
What makes certain people stand-out performers? For years, I’ve tried to pinpoint common qualities among high achievers.
09/29/15 11:49pm
Sen. Elizabeth Warren recently wrote an op-ed about her plan to mitigate America’s $1.2 trillion student loan burden by imposing fines on universities whose alums are unable to pay off their student loans.
09/15/15 11:17pm
As our campus and national leaders make policy changes to enhance the state of mental health and wellness, I worry that our sympathetic nature and sense of urgency surrounding this issue may hinder the impact of our efforts. Emotionally charged issues often elicit emotionally-charged policy responses, which may not be ideal.
09/01/15 9:59pm
Under Gutmann, Penn became the largest school (by student population) to boast a no-loan — or “all-grant” — financial aid policy and launched countless initiatives to level the economic playing field.
More Articles