Stranded on campus for the interminable 9 days that are Spring Break? UTB's got you covered. Here are several ways that you can bring the glamour of a ski/beach destination or the aura of your parent's couch to West Philly.
- Skip Aspen, strap on those skis, and conquer the black diamond that is Locust Walk.
- Hit up the Fruit Cart lady for a taste of tropical oasis. Pour some rum in your smoothie to Spring Break-ify it, or go all out and make a fruit hat.
- Snorkel in the water that flooded your basement when the pipes froze for the 10th time this winter.
- Call Campus Apartments and ask for room service. Ignore the fact that they are not a hotel and therefore will not bring mac 'n cheese to your door.
- Hide from people in FroGro by pretending that they’re people you would avoid at your hometown grocery store.
- Call your parents and argue with them for no reason to get the feel of a real family vacation.
- Stand on a steam vent. It's just like a spa treatment!
- Don't drink the water. Definitely not safe.
- If you do drink the water, it must have a cucumber in it.
- Get cozy by the fireplace in Starbucks under Commons with an extravagant, trenti (!) hot chocolate. Just like Aspen, but with uglier couches.
- Put on hiking boots, go to Pottruck, crank the treadmill to its highest elevation, and watch the Travel Channel. Make sure to pack trail mix!
- Wear a lei everywhere you go, because why the heck not – no one will see you anyway.
Happy Spring Break, folks! Don't forget to let us know what you're up to all week long. After all, if you do something crazy on break and it doesn't end up on UTB, did you really do anything at all?