Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

OP-ED: This Class May Just Be Your Foundational Requirement, but It's in My Major. Show Some Respect.

800px5th_floor_lecture_hall

Photo by Xbxg32000 / CC BY-SA 3.0

You must be so happy that you found a course that fills both the Physical World and QDA requirements. Really got two birds stoned at the same time, huh? And it’s easy too! You must feel like the luckiest kid in DRL. I'm going to let you in on a secret, though: This class is for my major, so show some goddamn respect.

I’d be fine with your constant complaints about Earth Science, but you’re not even slacking off. That’s what really gets me. Why ruin the curve if it doesn't count toward your in-major GPA? You are a sadist. That is what sadism is.

You may be asking, “Claudia, why do you take so many introductory courses? Surely no one needs to have filled the Physical World sector five times.” That’s ignorant. I do it because I can and because I want to. I do it because I hate being challenged. I love reviewing the structure of H2O every semester. It’s polar, and I like that. Probably the best molecule of all the molecules.

Don't take your education for granted. There will not be another chance to have a world-famous professor spend an entire lecture explaining that positive and negative charges are attracted to each other. You should respect all your classes, but, more importantly, you should respect all my classes.

PennConnects