About

Satire  Published 04/22/18 11:06am

OP-ED: I'm In the College But I'm Transferring To Wharton And It Was Totally Unplanned

huntsman

Photo by Cindy Chen / The Daily Pennsylvanian

What school am I in? Oh, it’s complicated right now. I’m technically in the College, but I’m transferring to Wharton after this semester. I just think it’s a better fit for me. No, I’m not in it for the prestige, why would you even ask that? I really think having a business degree will allow me to create some positive social change.

This wasn’t planned, either. I really just had an epiphany—it was like a week ago—that I want to be in the business school. Like the transfer website says, my interests and passions have just shifted over time. Yes, I know that in order to transfer I had to have taken a year's worth of economics classes, but I already knew I liked those. I had no idea I was going to want to transfer until, like I already said, a week or two ago.

It doesn’t matter that I applied as a Linguistics major because my dad helped me cheat on the International Olympiad for Informatics, just so I could get into Penn and transfer into Wharton internally because I read on CollegeVine.com it was easier that way. I’m just following where my life takes me. So get off my ass. Unless you’re in Wharton.

All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.