Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

Club President Schemes for Mega-Table at Next Activity Fair

successful2668386_1280

Photo by geralt / CC0

Thursday, August 31st, 2017. It was a normal fall activities fair for Allie Boix (W '19) who was there representing the Electric Lion Consulting Group of which she serves as President, Vice President, Client Liaison, External Communications, the General Body, and the Social Life Coordinator. 

Boix, upset with the low number of sign-ups at her booth for the second year in a row, told us yesterday that she attributes her club's low membership to poor visibility at the club fair year after year. She added, "I mean we're sandwiched between IAA and Penn Dems for Pete's sake, who's going to notice us?"

Allie lamented that the lay-out of the activities fair privileges clubs with a taste for fun music and funds for flashy signage. 

But Boix hasn't given up yet. Instead of spending club assets on a flimsy banner, she plans to create a number of shell corporations clubs in order to have a full row of tables for her organization in next year's activity fair. "I just want to claim my own little plot of land with a small garden just large enough to raise corn for my family a stretch of tables just for Electric Lion. So we actually have a fair shot in this thing."

So far, she's submitted requests to form the Stimulating Panthers Consulting Group, Galvanizing Snow Leopard Consulting, and the Mind Bank. She has plans for up to five more groups. 

"Creating shell corporations is honestly such a common practice in the business community, so no I'm not worried. Wait, you think the names are bad?" 

PennConnects