Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

In Bold Move, Freshman Drops All Classes, Adds Four New Ones

screen_shot_20170918_at_93859_am

Screenshot / the Daily Pennsylvanian

Today marks the last day to add classes to your schedule, but Bobby Feixa (C '21) still isn't satisfied with his fall schedule. After learning that Biology 121 requires participants to buy a real white lab coat, Bobby had an existential crisis with his determined pre-med path. Although his parents, both doctors, were concerned that Bobby had a career crisis in his first month of college, they never really thought medicine was right for him. They cited a number of fainting incidents spread across many Take-Your-Kid-To-Work days in the past, paired with a general disinterest in the sciences, as their main reasons. 

Around 8 AM (ET) this morning, Bobby dropped Biology, Statistics, Econ, and Calc in one fell swoop, leaving only a blank schedule behind. We sat with Bobby as he took a deep breath and started his new life. 

"Even though I'm going to be three weeks behind in every class, I feel good. I feel autonomous for the first time in my entire life." 

Bobby replaced Biology with Chinese Politics, Statistics with Russia in the Age of Anna Karenina, Econ with Advanced Spanish, and Econ with another Russian Lit class. 

When we asked where Bobby was going with that random of a schedule, he replied cryptically: "Everywhere, my friend. Everywhere. But most likely Russia." 

PennConnects