Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

Finally, Penn Makes The News For Something Positive

You’ve read them, you’ve listened to them, and now, you’re about to eat them. Yes, the Ancient Sumerian Tablets are back, because apparently old Etch A Sketches deserve more news coverage than Gourd Week (as if!). For those of you who have forgotten, the Sumerians were people who lived somewhere between 5 and 1,000,000,000,000,000 years ago. The Penn Museum has some Sumerian writing tablets, which were recently put to music by the museum’s resident ensemble.

Now, the Penn Museum is getting major press in the literal New York Times for making copies of the Sumerian Tablets in the form of cookies.

Even better, according to the New York Times article, “schoolchildren” who visit the Penn Museum get to try out the technique. This is where we got a little bit confused - does “schoolchildren” mean Penn students? According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, schoolchildren means children who go to a school, and a child is a person under the age of 18. Is it time to get a new fake ID that makes you younger? Regardless, for those lucky few freshmen under 18, you may not be able to vote but at least you can go practice eating letters at the Penn Museum.

If you are one of those lucky few youngsters, please go check out this incredible opportunity, and email us about it at tips@underthebutton.com.

PennConnects