Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

YOUR FLING 2016 OPENER: 3LAU

3LAU, pronounced “Blau”, is a DJ that you’ve probably never heard of but whose name you’ve definitely seen somewhere on Spotify. He’s made remixes of popular songs (most recently, “Sorry” and “Stitches”) and also has some singles of his own.

3LAU, whose real name is Justin Blau (not the Justin Blau you went to summer camp with!), was a finance major at Wash U. After a summer interning at Credit Suisse, he realized that investment banking just wasn’t his thing. He decided instead to follow his dreams and make music. For those who didn’t understand the previous sentence, 3LAU didn’t like investment banking so he chose to follow his dreams, which is when someone chooses to do something other than investment banking.

3LAU is also quite the charitable guy. He partnered with “Pencils of Promise”, an organization that helps children in developing countries receive education. He’s already help build an entire school and is in the process of building a second one! Will 3LAU do more of a TEDTalk than an actual set? Only time will tell.

Click here to get pumped for 3LAU to 3LOW UP the stage. Who do you think the headliner will be? Another DJ? A pop star? A rapper? Amy Gutmann wanting to test the waters for her future singing career? Check back here on Saturday for the #big reveal!

PennConnects