Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

What To Do For Fall Break For Every Year At Penn

With a slew of midterms standing between a Quaker and Fall Break, the possibilities for those blissful four days seem limitless.  One could travel the country, party all night, or just sit down and decide what to do with the rest of one's life. When Fall Break finally rolls around though, the possibilities are actually pretty finite. And for each year at Penn, it boils down to a few top things to do with your Fall Break.

Freshman Year

- Go home and eat soup because you have mono. 

- Go home and reflect on how much your world views and your perspective and the deepest essence of your SELF have already changed in the month since you’ve lived there. Wow.

- Cry because you can't get a plane ticket home. Hook up with your GA instead.

Sophomore Year

- Realize that you don't actually need to go home after 5 weeks of school. Visit a friend who attends a Fun School and learn what a tailgate is. Try to convince them that Penn is fun in its own way. Fail to do so.

- Have a brief existential crisis.

Junior Year

- Visit your friends abroad because going to Europe for four days is completely logical. Try to cram semester's worth of Instas in.

- Stay in the United States and hit up the bars. Proceed to get rejected and drink in a basement because you're still not actually 21. 

Senior Year

- Go to New York for all-day OCR interview. Nail it. Get the job. You go, girl! 

- Go to New York for all-day OCR interview. Don't get the job. Realize you wasted your Fall Break in pursuit of becoming a capitalist overlord when you could have been doing so many other things.

- Go home and drink wine with your Mom until she goes out with her friends. Realize that her life is totally complete without you. Drink more wine. Cry.

- Vegas or irrelevant.

PennConnects