Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

McDonald's To Join Bon Appétit Family

[Disclaimer: This post was part of our annual Joke Day series. As if we would ever use this font seriously.]

Ba da ba ba ba, we're lovin' it! ...sort of. According to recent reports put forth by Bon Appétit Management Company, the McDonald's at 40th & Walnut will officially join their team in early-mid January 2015. 

The plus side of this integration? McDonald's will now be accepting Dining Dollars from all those who possess a valid Penn Card. Bless, for that means the 25-piece box of Chicken McNuggets you get every Friday is on mom and dad. 

The only downside? McDonald's will now be closing daily at 11 p.m., in accordance with other Bon Appétit facilities. Alas, rest in peace sweet late nights spent in Micky D's: you will always have the honor of being the real place to SABS on a Saturday night – even more than Wawa. 

The University has kept quiet regarding the details of the acquisition so as not to upset the other residents of West Philly who frequent this particular McDonald's location. A possible solution to Penn's purchasing this McDonald's is to open a second one further west of campus, a move that administration is negotiating with neighborhood developers. 

We'll keep you updated as more information is released, but in the meantime, savor these last few fleeting weeks of swuggin' out at McDonald's, because come next semester, they'll be gone. 

PennConnects