Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

NSO Free Food: Ranked

Photo

NSO is here and that means free stuff, like lots of it. Free food, free drinks, and free other bad things are all available. BUT let's be honest, food is the most important. While it may seem like your body is hurtling towards a freshman 50, do not worry. Commons will leave you dreaming of these frantic days full of free food. Luckily for you, we ranked the best to worst free meals so you’ll know what to enjoy and what to avoid.

1) Your Last Dinner: Your mother may be crying but you better enjoy this last dinner at White Dog. As you awkwardly make eye-contact with that girl on your hall whose name you forgot, be thankful you aren't the one spending 35 dollars for this organic chicken. It will still be the best thing you have all semester.

2) Convocation Dessert: TBH this event is literally run by barbarians. Where does all the food go so fast? BUT these little desserts are v fancy, v delicious, and the perfect opportunity to Chase Amy™.

3) Night at the Museum Dinner: Everyone will tell you Steven Starr caters this and you won’t know who that is but you still will be impressed. It’s not that impressive. The food is really, really small. Like microscopic, but tasty. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

4) Your Peer-Advisee Brunch: You will probably be very hungover during this. You will have to small talk to 13 other people you will never talk to again. It's at a mediocre dining hall and is awkward af. Don’t throw up!

5) Toga Party: Eat before this. Seriously. This event is already terribly sweaty and the food is non-existent. Make memories you will want to forget.

It varies in quality, but free food is the best. Foreal, enjoy it while you can. It won't be long till 70 percent of your meals consists of the ice cream at Hill.

PennConnects