About

Under The Button, Penn's humor and satire blog.

Penn, unbuttoned.

Features  Published 02/18/14 1:36pm

Feb Club Week 3: We Like What We See

With this week’s roll-out of Feb Club events, UTB is pleasantly surprised. Seems like Class Board is finally getting the picture: cool bars, $3 burgers and things on boats* things near the river are the ways to our heart.

*Author was disappointed to find out a boathouse is not a house on a boat, but a home near the river. Whatever.

Check out our run-down of this week's events:

Wednesday: Dock Street Brewery When: 9pm-12am What: Pizza and beer at a West Philly microbrewery. Free stuff: Beer for the first 200 people. FOMO factor: High. Think all the brie cheese pizza you’ll be missing.

Thursday: Reading Terminal Market (Open After Hours) When: 7-9pm What: Philly eats without the Philly peeps. Free stuff: N/A. Be prepared to dish out $15 for 2 entrees. FOMO factor: Moderate to high. Who knows what RTM looks like after dark???

Friday: Sixers Game When: 7-10pm What: SPORTZ! Free stuff: Lower-level tickets for the first 400 people. FOMO factor: 2 - 4 - 6 - 8! This event is really great!

Saturday: Vesper’s Boathouse When: 9pm-12am What: Party on Boathouse Row. Free stuff: View of the Schuykill; new prof pic. FOMO factor: High. There’s $3 Shake Shack... and we hear Vesper is the new Gatsby.

Sunday: National Mechanics When: 4-7pm What: Dranx at the one of the top 50 bars in Philly. Free stuff: Food and hangover by 9pm. FOMO factor: VERY HIGH. It’s the last Sunday of Feb Club (???,)