Under the Button is part of a student-run nonprofit.

People Who Went To Penn: Buzz Bissinger

buzz-biss-600
Buzz Bissenger rocking a studded leather jacket inside the 1260 WHPT offices.

We love a good TV show, and a good leather jacket, and not necessarily in that order. Who better to show off both than Penn grad, news reporter, world-class journalist, and award-winning author H.G. "Buzz" Bissinger, author of the famous Friday Night Lights. After graduating from a ~prep~ school in Massachusetts, Bissinger transitioned to Penn where he began his rise to fame at none other than The Daily Pennsylvanian.

Since graduating from the College in 1976, H.G. Bissinger has become one of the most well-known, respected, and talented news and literature authorities in the world. His work has been featured in The New York TimesSports Illustrated, GQ, Vanity Fair, and The Daily Beast, and his books have consistently topped NYT best seller lists. His nickname "Buzz" is more than appropriate given that his career has stretched to infinity and beyond!!111!!!

He isn't currently working on any new projects, but still finds time to drop large sums of money ($638,412.97) on expensive designer clothes and accessories throughout the year. You could live the dream too, Penn writers! All you have to do is publish a best-selling book, have it made into a box office hit movie, write a sequel, turn it into an NBC TV series, write more successful books, and be a smart, hilarious, quick-witted reporter! It's that classic trajectory that we can all aspire to.

PennConnects